Spend your holiday weekend at Fort Worth’s funnest and most festive Thanksgiving events. Register to run the Turkey Trot, enjoy Thanksgiving dining at Sundance Square, see the Parade of Lights, experience holiday fun at Stockyards Station, and shop for amazing deals.
- Fort Worth Turkey Trot: This fun run on November 24 is a great family-friendly event benefiting the Fort Worth YMCA. Register for $23-35 per person, depending on when you register, plus $3 per runner for chip timing. There will be a 5K fun run/walk, 10K race and 1K Gobbler Trot starting 8-8:35 a.m. You can register online or at Luke’s Locker.
- Thanksgiving Dining: If you’re looking for a more relaxing, gourmet Thanksgiving meal, dine out for the holiday at FERRE Ristorante e Bar. Located at Sundance Square, this contemporary Italian-Tuscan restaurant will cater to you with a three-course Thanksgiving dinner. You’ll enjoy roasted turkey, seafood linguini, pumpkin pie bread pudding, bittersweet chocolate mousse cake, and mini Texas pecan pies for $35 per person. Find more Thanksgiving menus on OpenTable.
- Parade of Lights: This beautiful holiday parade will take place November 25 at about 5 p.m. in downtown Fort Worth. This 29th annual parade will feature 500,000 lights, performers, floats, and other holiday themed sights. The lighting of the Sundance Square Christmas Tree will follow the evening parade. Sundance Square will also host a Holiday Fun Zone for kids and Santa visits that day.
- Thanksgiving Weekend at Stockyards Station: November 25-27, the Fort Worth Stockyards Station will celebrate the holidays with photos with Santa, holiday face painting and gun fight shows, while you shop and dine for gifts for your family and friends.
- Thanksgiving Sales: Stay tuned for Black Friday, Cyber Monday and Thanksgiving weekend sales around Fort Worth to score amazing deals on gifts for the holidays.
Image courtesy of Flickr.